OUR IMPACT: 17 clean water projects, over 10 years – all operational
Average Distance to Water:
Previously 4 Miles
Now 1 Mile
over 50,000 and tens of thousands of livestock everyday
Hours Saved as a Result of WILK:
13,500 per Day
The $1,626,732 raised by Water is Life Kenya since 2007 has resulted in 50,000+ lives and tens of thousands of livestock being impacted daily at an average cost of $30 per person.
Thirst Reverse V
Come out and see Joyce again, visit with friends and learn about what Water is Life Kenya has been up to this year. We will have beaded handicrafts for sale and a raffle too! Bring your family and friends. Be sure to make a reservation as tables are filling up fast.
Meet our Kenyan Friends
Larasha and Dorcas were here from Kenya to share with us their stories. Click here to learn more about their visit and favorite things about America.Click here to hear Joyce’s thoughts on how to she helped their visit stay strong everyday.
TEDx Talks abound for our Water is Life Kenya team:
From Kenyan visitors, Joseph Larasha and Dorcas Mutero, to collaborations with Engineer without Boarders, Newark Professional Chapter. We have had one busy six months. This newsletter will fill you in on all projects we have been working on:
– Larasha and Dorcas’ thoughts on their first trip to the States
– Training our water management committees for sustainability
– How Imurtot Primary School is having easy access to water through a successful collaboration
– Rains mean fat cows and results in farmers being successful when they went to the market
– The weather was great for our Water Walk this year
– Learn how Margrate is prepping for the next drought
– Besides donating you can get involved and volunteer